Thursday, August 17, 2006

CHAPTER 22

When we were obliged to break apart for air, Adrian had managed to slip out of his shorts and was tugging at my jeans. With the last of our clothing items removed, we were at each other again, grappling and gropping. Flesh abused flesh. Our minds were blank, concentrating only on reaching an explosive end of our journey.
It seemed like it went on for hours. Months of separation (and celibacy) had brought on a thirst for each other that took forever to quench. But in the natural way of things, thirst, once quenched, tends to return again and again. So as soon as the first was satisfied, another would soon come to be pacified.
Our efforts were such that we both came away with second-degree sheet burns, and my lips bled a little.
Later, as we laid together bruised and spent, Adrian breathing softly in heavy sleep, I realised then that would be the last time we were to be together. I slowly lifted his arm off my waist and swung my feet to the floor.
Adrian stirred. "Heyyy...where are you going?"
"I'm taking a shower."
"Come back here," he pulled back into bed, my back to him, and put his arms around me.
"Adrian?"
"Hmm..?" his forefinger traced the hollow of my back.
"You realise that this will be our last time..?"
His finger stopped.
"Yeah," he said after a while. "But, as long as we are here, tonight, let's make it as memorable as we can!"
The following week, after we finished putting together the yearbook, the editor got us together to celebrate a job well done. I shook everyone's hand and bade Adrian goodbye. I would leave for home the next morning.
As I was getting into a taxi to take me to the railway station, I saw Nicky at the school gate. He waved at me through the wrought iron bars.
That was the last time I saw him. Nicky didn't return to school in the new year. They said he didn't do very well in his exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home