Thursday, August 03, 2006

CHAPTER 19
It took Kyle a full minute to recover from the shock. When he finally looked up at me, I noticed a tiny trail of blood at one corner of his mouth.
I panicked and quickly went to the dining hall and asked for some ice cubes from the kitchen. When I returned, he was sitting on his bed, groaning. He looked suspiciously at me as I prepared a cold compressor.
"Don't worry, I won't hit you again. Not for now, at least," I assured, handing him the ice pack. The rest of the ice cubes I put in a small bucket.
"Thanks. This feels so good. Why did you have to hit me so hard? A simple 'no' would have sufficed."
"Yeah, right," I retorted, dipping my own aching knuckles into the ice bucket.
After a while, I took his hand and spoke to him.
"You see, Kyle, I'm flattered that you feel that way about me. But I don't feel the same about you. What you have heard about me with the other guys could well be all true, but they are different. They are not my friends. I don't feel anything for them. I don't respect them. You Kyle, are my friend. I do like you a lot, and I respect you a great deal. I expect the same from you," I said.
By then, tears started to well in my eyes, and I got up to leave.
"Gabriel, wait," Kyle said. I turned around. He was on his feet now. "Look, I know I was way out of line, and I am so very sorry. Do you think you could ever forgive me?"
He held out both of his hands to me. I slowly took them in mine.
"Of course I forgive you."
"Friends?"
"Friends," I said, hugging him while my hand traveled down to squeeze his behind teasingly, "as long as you promise not to do it again."
I winked at him and left the room. What a pity. He had such a nice, tight body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home